Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Life Coach - Kaikaku - 2 - Google Goggles

Most of love cars, especially those that make a statement. Having worked in Michigan the home to the auto industry in US, I am always curious to identify a car, its manufacturer, the customer segment it exists for, the competition in that segment, etc. I am walking down the street and I come across a logo that I havent seen before. I am not sure whether it is an American or European car. Maybe it is the Japanese who have launched a car for the luxury segment, a separate brand altogether. How do I find out?

Enter Google Goggles
All I do is use my google phone and start the google goggle application. Using the camera it captures the logo and compares it against a database and returns the search - it is able to search an image and provide me the answer. This is cool.

Where can I use it if I have been able to create a database with the information that I need? The information that we need is already there, it is just not ready in the digital format that I can search for.
I am walking in a workshop and see a vehicle and need to recall its past history of repairs. I am on firing range and need to recall the zeroing details of the weapon. Or in a cordon and search operation I have rounded up the suspects and need to know their past history and need to search the photographs of earlier suspects.

In short if I can snap it and the image is uniquely standard (it has been stored earlier)- it could be the tag number of a vehicle, the face of a person, a product number, I can retrieve information about the image and be on my way,

No comments: